Monday, February 9, 2009

Shad's Baptism.




Shad's baptism was Saturday Feb. 7th at 10 am. The water was cold I am told. but it didn't even bother him because this is my child that would jump in the ocean in Maine in the middle of winter and not even care. he used to beg to take a cold bath when he was little. He seems so big now. I can't believe he is 8 already.


Shad had me and Chloe give the talks. Chloe read the whole thing herself. it was a story out of the FHE manual about the gift of the Holy Ghost. Everyone was so impressed with our good little reader who just turned 6. Shad was the same way when he was little, he was reading before Kindergarten. no thanks to me though. they just started it out of the blue. Good genes from their Dad I suppose. I need to start teaching Gracie her letters. she knows some of them just from her tV time with Super why and Word World. ;o)


Shad was the only one baptized that day so it was just our family doing the whole program. there were 3 families that came from our ward and also his primary teachers. afterward we had brownies. that night we went to Chick Fil-A and Jamba juice to celebrate. yummy. here are some pics of my handsome men.


4 comments:

Amber Bennett said...

Congrats to Shad. Time flies so fast. It won't be long until our first baptism. I miss you guys!!!

thechristensenfamily said...

I just found out from your mom that I could link to your blog from Jared's. It is fun to see pictures of your kids. It is hard to believe that you have a kid that is already eight. Todd's Carson is also going to be baptized the end of February. Hope that you are doing well.
Luv ya,
Auntie Trudy

Jon and Tamara said...

Oh how special. Don't they grow so fast! We're so proud of you, Shad.

Shay said...

Oh my, I cannot believe it, that is so awesome!! Your kids are getting so big. Congratulations.