Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy birthday Von

Von LOVES cars!! loves is actually an understatement! So for his 2nd birthday we got him a cars pinata and he thought it was so fun to push around like a regular car. later when he got to hit it and saw all the goodies, that was even better!
I made him a cars cake also ans he kept saying "car, cake, car, cake."

Birthday ice cream cone at braums


Von is such a fun sweet boy. what a year he has had. The thing is though, it was only one week past his 1st birthday that Gracie was diagnosed with cancer, and ever since then, there have been so many family members here off and on helping. It has made me so glad they could be with my baby and not a stranger or even a friend. I have felt jipped somewhat this year because I was missing out on all the baby stuff, knowing he was our last baby.I felt cheated all over again. Every time I feel that way though, I think of my friend, Amy, who had a baby the same age, that passed away last year. He was also her last baby just like Von was mine. At least I still have my sweet boy, even when I was away with Gracie, at least I know he is alive and well, and others were enjoying him and all of the things he was learning. it puts it all back into perspective for me.




this is Von last summer at the splash pad. so cute!I just wanted to add a few from this past year to show how he went from a baby to a boy!! :)





cute little chubby belly




last Easter





at IHOP on his 1st birthday. We love you VON!!!








No comments: