Friday, October 7, 2011

19 months

Ok, so maybe this picture is gross. Oh well!! It is Gracie's g button that she had for 15 months. She had a different one before that for almost 2 months. She got this one taken out on Tuesday, the 4th. I didn't realize til just now that the 4th was 19 months since diagnosis! what an appropriate day to get it out! although, she hasn't even used it for feeds in 3 months! She has been using it for the prevacid, but she went off that a couple weeks ago. Now all she takes is the DDAVP and it is a tablet that doesn't taste like anything. Anyway, the main reason I took the picture was to show how much larger the bulb part is, than the opening through her stomach. it is a kind of squishy plastic, so they just pull it straight through on the outside to get it out! it was crazy. It spurted blood and stomach contents and then the Doc put pressure and a bandage, which we took off this morning and it looks great. Amazing! I am continually amazed at medicine and the human body. Now Gracie is a truly free woman, free of any devices or lines. We are so blessed! Life is normal again but we appreciate things so much more. I finally uploaded all the pictures from this last year. Now I just need to go back and blog about them sometime. I deleted my facebook because I am on there way too much. I might reactivate it at some point, but for now, it is kind of freeing! I need to get a schedule and get things done instead of sitting around and messing around on my phone! I hope to blog more and write in my journal.


No comments: