Gracie's new favorite phrase is "not right now" which just shows me that I must say it a lot myself. If I ask her to pick up her books or toys she says "not right now Mom". but then I'll use my stern voice and say"Gracie" and she says "ok Mom" She is so funny. She likes to help make dinner or treats or mix the koolaid. So now we have fights between her and Chloe. Shad never really has liked helping with the cooking. He has made mac and cheese a few times and was pretty proud. That boy could eat mac and cheese 3 meals a day. It reminds me when we were little and my little brother Scott's birthday would roll around each year and everytime he would choose mac and cheese and hotdogs for his birthday dinner. yuck.
Chloe was star student of the month in her class for September. She got a certificate with a star necklace. for last month she was a geography master and got a square piece to add to her star student chain. geography master for Kindergarten has to know their address,city, state and country, how many states in the country and what continent we live on. She will get her math masters square for this month next month. counting to 100 by 1s,2s,5s,and 10s.
Shad is our reader and has been for years. he reached his 9 week AR goal for the 2nd 9 weeks and it has only been 4. He reads 2 chapter books every day.
2 comments:
That is great that Shad loves to read and I love Gracie's comments. My kids say things like, "Oh mom, I'm too strong to carry that upstairs." You gotta laugh. :-)
I wish I could hang out with you and your kids, just for 1/2 a day! I hate that I don't get to see them grow up! When are you moving to Hawaii? ha ha
Post a Comment