Monday, March 2, 2009

Von Greggory Bloxham

the pictures uploaded in the opposite order than I intended. This first one is of Von today. Von was born Friday morning at 2:04 a.m. weighing in at a whopping 9 lb 6 oz. It only took about 4 contractions to push him out, thankfully to my Dr who really knew what he was doing to guide him out. It was the most painful experience of my life! Von is named after Brandon's grandpa Bloxham. His name is Von and Brandon's dad is DeVon so it is after him as well. Greggory is my dad's name so he has a lot of special people he is named for.
Mom came Thursday morning and watched Gracie while i went to my Dr appt at 1:30. The Dr said he would induce me Monday but after he checked me I started having contractions all evening that got stronger and closer together. I went up to the hospital at 10 pm and was dilated to a 5-6. he was born 4 hours later. We came home yesterday(Sunday) It was nice that mom kept the kids and Brandon was able to sleep at the hospital with me. He had the weekend off and started a new rotation today, so the timing was perfect. We are so grateful for Mom and all she has done for us not to mention all the meals and cleaning. She definitely made all the difference.
Von is a sweet baby and eats well and sleeps well. The kids all love him. Gracie has held him a couple times for a few seconds but she says he is too heavy!! I agree! but it is nice to have a healthy big baby. We feel so blessed to have these 4 children and have our family complete.




My two boys.




brand new.

8 comments:

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

Congrats, he is beautiful! Got to love short labors:)

Shay said...

Congratulations, he is a doll, I am glad that all was well. Good job on making a big baby!!

Grace said...

Congratulations, he is just beautiful!! Everyone in Watertown is thrilled for you and sends their love. I agree with you that it is the most painful experience, ever!! But as Tamara says, they're worth it!

Eric and Tracey said...

Love it. I keep coming back to see!! Wish I really had hopped a plane!!

Amber Bennett said...

What a cutie pie!! You have a cute little family. Congratulations!!!!!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

I'm with tracey..we should have hopped a plane! wish it were that easy! Love you!

Josie said...

You have us beat! Cooper was only 9lbs. 4 oz. Congrats we wish you guys the best. Hope you come visit this summer so we can see the new baby. the leavitts

miriam.plass said...

I know I'm slow, but CONGRATS!!! He is adorable!! I'm sure you love having him around!